Memorandum of Understanding was signed today between the RA Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs as the Republican body of the RA executive power in the labor and social protection fields, and 5 Armenian Universities as educational institutions training specialists in various fields of social work, psychology, social and special pedagogy.
According to the Memorandum, the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of the Republic of Armenia initiates cooperation to increase the education content of social work and other assisting professions to meet the needs of the social protection field, as well as to implement a coordinated policy of graduates to replenish the necessary human resources in social protection field. Vocational educational institutions are obliged to:
– study the lists of graduates of at least the last three years in the mentioned specialties, submitting information to the Ministry about the current placement of those specialists and their willingness and opportunities to work in institutions providing integrated social services
– establish a working group jointly with the Ministry for educational programs of social work and other assisting professions, including the production internship component, periodic reviews to meet the needs of the social protection field;
– assist in the organization of training courses, joint conferences and seminars, preparation of various methodological, didactic, awareness-raising and other materials.
The Ministry is obliged to:
- select the required number of candidates based on the information provided by vocational educational institutions about graduates,
- organize training courses, which will consider the successful graduates as a priority for work in different levels of the integrated social services system and in different institutions of the region
- involve universities in the development of conceptual and legal policy documents to be implemented in the social protection field of the population
- support in the process of creating the necessary technical and laboratory facilities for more effectively organizing the educational processes of social work and other assisting professions in vocational educational institutions, the educational and production internship of students studying in that field
The educational institutions that signed the Memorandum are:
- “Yerevan State University” Foundation
- “Armenian State Pedagogical University after Khachatur Abovyan” Foundation
- “M. Nalbandyan State University of Shirak” Foundation
- “Vanadzor State University named after Hovhannes Tumanyan” Foundation
- “Urartu” University of Practical Psychology and Sociology