EDUCATIONAL AND METHODOLOGICAL PROCESS MANAGEMENT CENTER
History of the Educational and Methodological Process Management Center
Higher education is in the process of constant updating its content, introducing more modern, more effective ways and methods of learning, with the aim of gradual integrating local universities into the European Higher Education area. There is already an establishment of a three-level education system in SHSU: the bachelor’s, master’s and research system, the introduction of a credit system in the educational process, according to the unified pan-European ECTS system of credit accumulation and transfer.
In order to coordinate large-scale work in this direction and implement educational reforms, in 2012, the Educational and Methodological Department was created on the basis of the educational part of the GSPI, which consisted of three departments of bachelor’s, master’s and postgraduate studies, and which carried out planning, organization and control of the educational process:
In May 2017, the functions of the teaching-methodological department were partially changed; the section was renamed into the Center for Managing the Educational Process and Cooperation with Employers.
In May, 2018 the Center for Managing the Educational Process and Cooperation with Employers. was renamed into the Educational Process Management Center
Today, the functions of the Educational Process Management Center of the university are:
- planning, coordination, and monitoring of the educational process.
- coordination and control of the development of educational and work plans and curriculum for bachelor’s (full-time/part-time), master’s degree.
- development of new educational programs .
- planning, coordination and monitoring of academic loads of departments.
- organization of work of state qualification commissions, summing up results (including reports), analysis.
- In the system of conducting current and semester examinations, control, analysis of the results of the examination period
- coordination of current and semi-annual exams.
- provision, registration and control of educational-methodological information documents of the subdivisions of the university related to the educational process.
- development and submission of proposals for bachelor’s (full-time/part-time) and master’s degree admissions according to the appropriate procedure;
- submission of orders and projects related to the educational process to the rector.
- preparation and submission to the rector of orders related to the movement of students, according to the appropriate procedure /admission, removal, restoration of student rights, relocation, deferral, academic leave, second profession, etc/
- scheduling and monitoring the implementation of the educational process.
- organization of work to improve the quality of education.
- preparation of works related to the accreditation of specialties.
- organization of educational, industrial, pedagogical, scientific-pedagogical, research practice of full-time and distant learning systems, methodological coordination and control.
- providing data for the annual report of the University rector.
- coordination of the organization of paid educational services.
- organization and coordination of work on creating and storing personal files of full-time and part-time students.
- preparation and accounting of students ‘ graduation documents .
- creating and storing an electronic database of students.
- preparation and provision of information and statistical data related to the educational process for the Ministry and other departments.
- coordination of instructions related to the educational process received from the Ministry of Education and Science.
- checking the compliance of work plans and time-tables, purposeful and effective distribution of the classroom Fund.
- creation and operation of electronic systems for registration of technical training tools and academic data of students.
- promotion of innovative educational and methodological processes, as well as the use of new educational technologies in the University.
- cooperation and assistance to departments for creation of an educational and methodological base.
- organization of regular consultations and seminars with students and teachers on educational system reforms and improvement of the quality of education.
- control over the implementation by faculties and departments of orders and instructions related to the organization of the educational process.
- participation in the creation of intra-University procedures and regulations related to the educational process.
- creation, operation, reconstruction of a unified electronic database of students ‘ academic data; organization of the process of preparation of test and examination bulletins and applications for the diploma in a single electronic system.