History of the Chair
The mission of the Chair of Law Studies and Political Science of “Shirak State University Named after M. Nalbandyan” Foundation is to prepare responsible and leading lawyers and political scientists who will embody the high standards of vocational ethics and professionalism.
The objectives of the Chair are as follows:
- To aim the educational programs of the Chair of Law, Political Science and Sociology at expanding the career opportunities of graduates.
- To develop a sense of responsibility to the profession amongst students.
- To expand the scope of the faculty’s cooperation with the wider academic community.
- To provide an educational environment in which research and innovation in the teaching process are encouraged.
- To encourage investment opportunities for education in the three specialties through effective resource management and the involvement of new resources.
- To increase the authority of the faculty in internal and external environments.
In the 2018–2019 academic year, the Chair of Law Studies and Political Science implemented educational programs for bachelor’s (index: 011401.19.6) and master’s (index: 011401.19.6) students in Law as well as for the students participating in the educational programs in Political Science (index: 031201.01.6) and Sociology.
The Chair has 19 lecturers, 10 of whom are university staff members. There are two doctors, professors, seven candidates of sciences, and docents working in the chair. It also has two applicants for starting specialties.